Ripple Blanket Done (kind of)


I’ve finished my Ripple blanket…kind of. I still have to sew in all of the yarn tails from all of the color changes (which is quite a lot!), but that’ll have to wait until I have a couple of toddler (help) free hours. I actually finished it a few days ago, and I was planning on publishing a post about it when all the yarn tails were done, but I think that’s going to be a little while longer. So instead of waiting I decided to just snap a photo of it and show it off now before the dust on it gets too thick, lol (it’s folded and waits silently in a corner).

The pattern that I followed can be found HERE. It is called “Large Ripple Afghan Crochet Pattern” by Lauren of Daisy Cottage Designs.

I used a J-6 mm hook and 22 colors of yarn, mostly Red Heart Super Saver, with a couple of colors using Mainstays yarn (Walmart) and Crafter’s Secret (Hobby Lobby). I started this blanket with the intention of using up my left-overs, but as it progressed I realized I wasn’t going to have enough left-overs to make it the size I wanted. So I had to buy more yarn. Now my left-overs pile of yarn is even larger than when I first started! On the bright side I now have a huge array of colors to work with on future projects! While making the blanket, with so many colors, it gave me a chance to see which colors worked well with other colors, and it’s given me inspiration on other things to make!

The blanket took about 44-45 hours to make (that excludes a bit of frogging time here and there, lol). I began making it the beginning of February (which I wrote about here), so I am actually a bit excited that I whipped it up so quickly. The last (and first) Ripple Blanket that I made took me a couple of years to complete! (which you can read about here).

The blanket worked out to be about 5 feet wide by 6 1/2 feet long. The pattern of 22 colors I repeated three times. So if we do the math, that means 22 colors x 2 rows each= 44 rows. 44 rows x 3= 132 rows. Plus, when I got to the end, I decided to do the beginning color one more time. So, 132 rows + 2 more rows= 134 rows. Whew! (I’ll let YOU figure out how many yarn tails need sewing in! lol)

Now that the blanket is “done”, I have more time to work on my other projects. I’ve got a handful on the go but am thinking about visiting the frog pond for a couple of them (I’ll write about those at a later date)

Happy Hooking Everyone!


P.S. Here’s a list of colors I used (All are Red Heart Super Saver unless stated otherwise):

  1. Delft Blue
  2. Pale Yellow
  3. Spring Green
  4. Cherry Red
  5. Light Pink (Crafter’s Secret)
  6. Flame
  7. Light Blue
  8. Amethyst
  9. Bright Yellow
  10. Minty
  11. Royal Blue (Mainstays)
  12. Grenadine
  13. Aran
  14. Real Teal
  15. Green (Mainstays)
  16. Coffee
  17. Flamingo
  18. Freshmint
  19. White (Crafter’s Secret & Red Heart Super Saver)
  20. Orchid
  21. Burgundy
  22. Turqua

And then I did 2 more rows of Delft Blue to finish it off.




3 replies

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s