Well, I did it. I finally did it. The blanket I started close to two years ago for my husband and myself as a wedding gift is finally complete 🙂
I followed a pattern from the Red Heart website, Crochet Ripple Throw. However, I did alter it somewhat to suit my preferences. First off, I increased the number of chains in the foundation chain from 159 to 207. Next, instead of holding two strands of yarn together I crocheted using only a single strand. And, I did not work the blanket in back loops only which the pattern dictated to do, because I wanted the blanket to be more flexible, not so stiff. My color choices were as follows: Blue Suede, Hunter Green, Aran, Claret, Coffee, Warm Brown, Medium Thyme, and Black. All Red Heart Super Saver.
Now I can work on other projects guilt-free 🙂